Friday, April 29, 2011

The Refreshing Frame of Wikileaks

There are a whole lot of 'frames' the media imposes on facts.

I have to admit I see it here, and it plays into all my biases.

This is a clear demonstration of how authorities exert control over the media through the use of soft power - under the threat of removal of access and privileges when journalists start doing journalism. Besides encroaching on the freedom of the press to report on matters of high public interest embarrassing to the president, the move would appear to be redundant, since Marinucci was not the only party to the event who recorded footage, nor was she the only person to post that video on the internet.


He's still right though. And I love it.

I also love how Wikileaks dropped 2222 Canadian-related Cables on us days before the election. This will lead to interesting allegations whose severity and truth won't be fully determined until after the election.

No really, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment